The Board of Directors of Global Growth Assets Inc. and Global RESP Corporation ( “Global”) is seeking an accomplished executive to lead the organizations. As a well-qualified senior executive candidate, you must possess the following attributes: broad and credible knowledge of the regulated financial services sector; the ability to build and sustain highly effective relationships with diverse stakeholders including working with various regulators; the ability to lead transformational change and the experience and ability to build the Group’s revenue while maintaining superior compliance.
Key Accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Promoting a culture of compliance and overseeing the registered firm’s compliance system;
• Leading, in conjunction with the Board and management team, the development of the Group’s strategy;
• Leading and overseeing the implementation of long and short-term objectives in accordance with its strategy;
• Assessing and mitigating the principal risks to the Group;
• Ensuring effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
• Setting a standard of excellence and creating a workplace founded on mutual respect and care;
• Identifying and executing on opportunities for continuous improvement;
• Ensuring Global maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business; and
• To act as a liaison between management and the Board.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of an undergraduate degree in business, commerce, management or related disciplines with a minimum of 20 years executive level experience of which 10 years recent experience should be in the financial services industry. Previously registered as a senior officer or C-level executive or director of a CSA regulated entity is a must. Strong understanding of compliance, securities rules and laws is required. Completion of the Partners, Directors and Senior Officers (PDO) course is mandatory.
Ideal candidate shall possess the following skills:
• Enterprising, ethical, enthusiastic;
• Team oriented and lead by example;
• Accountable and has good business acumen;
• Strong communication skills and work ethic;
• Action and results-oriented; and
• Diplomatic but without compromising the organization’s interests.
Global is a group of dynamic, integrated and associated financial services firms focused on serving the needs of Canadian families. Global and its associated companies offers customers an array of financial solutions to meet their needs including education saving plans, life and disability insurance, mutual funds, stocks, bond and other investments.
The Global family of companies includes:
• Global Growth Assets Inc., offering investment fund management;
• Global RESP Corporation, offering Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs);
• Global Maxfin Investments Inc.; offering mutual funds, stocks, bonds and other investments;
• Global Maxfin Capital Inc.; offering corporate finance, institutional security services and private wealth management; and
• Global Insurance Solutions Inc.; offering life, disability, critical illness, long-term care, travel and health insurance.
With approximately $3 billion in assets under administration and management and continually growing, the Global family of companies and its associated companies is one of the largest independent full-service firms in Canada. The Global family of companies has hundreds of salespeople nationwide and advisors servicing over two hundred thousand clients across the country. Our mission is to build an organization of qualified professionals to deliver financial peace of mind to Canadian families.
To apply, please forward your most recent resume to Hanane Bouji at firstname.lastname@example.org with CEO/UDP in the subject line.
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.