Location: St. Laurent, Quebec
Division: Global family of companies
Global family of companies is a group of dynamic and integrated financial services firms focused on serving the needs of Canadian individuals, families, and corporations. We offer clients a full array of financial solutions to meet their needs including education savings plans, life and disability insurance, and investments in mutual funds, securities, bonds and other financial services.
As Receptionist/Administrator, you will be responsible for the overall condition and professionalism of the reception area and will be the first point of contact for handling inquiries for both internal and external clients.
To be successful in this role, you will be well versed in Global’s products and services and comfortable working in a fast paced ever changing environment and have the ability to adapt quickly. You will have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written with a customer service focus at all times.
You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a strong initiative improving current processes having advanced skills in MS Office Suite. You are willing to learn and develop new skills working in this role and within the financial industry.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Be the first point of contact/reception welcoming visitors and internal/external clients, Advisors;
• Maintenance of reception area at all times and ensure refreshments/coffee is available for visitors;
• Daily management of phone calls, emails, faxes and calendar of meetings;
• Use sound judgment and maintain confidentiality in correspondence with internal and external clients;
• Perform various administrative tasks such as records management, faxing, filing, photocopying as required;
• Provide training to backup receptionists as required;
• Client Services administrative tasks as assigned (e.g. indexing, client address changes etc.);
• Be familiar with the various GLOBAL products and internal operating systems as per job requires;
• Divert inbound calls to the GLOBAL self-serve portal when necessary using sound judgement;
• Other tasks as needed
• Post-secondary education in business administration is an asset;
• Experience in the financial industry an asset;
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a similar role;
• Strong computer skills working with MS Office; Excel; Web applications;
• Experience with handling high volume inbound calls or switchboard;
• Proficient typing skills 60 WPM;Bilingual French and English
• Exceptional communication and listening skills;
• Detail-oriented, ability to check accuracy of work and provide consistent follow-up;
• Effective at problem solving/trouble-shooting through accessing company resources;
• High level of organization and prioritization skills;
• Exceptional professionalism and demonstrates flexibility;
• Comfortable with some ambiguity in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
• Tact and diplomacy
o High emotional intelligence - can navigate easily through times of ambiguity
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.