Company: Global family of companies
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Position: Senior .Net Developer
Department: IT Department
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Global family of companies is a group of dynamic and integrated financial services firms focused on serving the needs of Canadian individuals, families, and corporations. With offices and representatives across Canada, we offer clients a full array of financial solutions to meet their needs including education savings plans, life and disability insurance, and investments in mutual funds, securities, bonds and other financial services.
Our IT Department is currently working on a number of projects and are seeking a Senior .Net Developer to join the team.
As a Senior .Net Developer, you will be responsible to develop applications using extensive knowledge of a variety of Microsoft frameworks and have the ability to translate user requirements into application specifications and program design.
- Architecting and developing full scale applications, both front and back end, to support the company’s internal and external processes
- Providing expertise on a wide range of architectures (multi-tier, service oriented, client server, distributed, etc.), technologies and integration
- Translating user requirements into application specifications and program designs for client/server, integration and component-based web application development and implementation strategies
- Assisting the team in supporting and troubleshooting existing applications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum five years experience working in a Microsoft .NET development environment
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an IT Senior Developer involved in largescale IT implementations with academic exposure to object oriented technologies as well as practical experience implementing object oriented principles
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft .NET languages including: C#, SQL, LINQ, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, VB.NET, web services, object oriented analysis and design
- Experience with SharePoint, Web Parts, SQL Server Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Experience with the following are an asset: VB6, ASP, Crystal Reports
- Experience building enterprise solutions that integrate with other systems using distributed technologies
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of internet and intranet applications, emerging web technologies, and industry trends
- Must have a high degree of competency in interface design, to take ownership of new and pre-existing development
- Experience working in the financial industry is preferred
- MCSD certification is preferred
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong technical and analytical abilities with proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to plan and organize in complex and fast paced environments
- Results oriented and resourceful team player with a mature and positive attitude
- Must possess sound judgment, self motivation and excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with customers, management and peers
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.