Title: Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
Location: Richmond Hill – Head Office
Division: Global Growth Assets Inc. (“GGAI”)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
GGAI has an IFM registration and oversees two product lines. It acts as the IFM for a RESP scholarship plan distributed through an affiliate, Global RESP Corporation. As well, GGAI manages one open-ended mutual fund distributed across Canada.
It is the intention of GGAI to expand its fund line-up over the next few years. The CCO will need to be comfortable and experienced in the launch of new products, such as open-ended mutual funds and ETF’s.
GGAI is a member of the Global family of companies, which includes an IIROC dealer, a MFDA firm, an insurance distribution company and the RESP scholarship plan distributor.
The CCO of GGAI is responsible for overseeing compliance within the organization. The CCO must establish policies and procedures to ensure that the compliance program at GGAI is effective and efficient.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Establish and maintain policies and procedures for assessing compliance by the firm, and individuals acting on its behalf, with securities legislation;
• Monitor and assess compliance by the firm, and individuals acting on its behalf, with securities legislation;
• Report to the ultimate designated person of the firm as soon as possible if the chief compliance officer becomes aware of any circumstances indicating that the firm, or any individual acting on its behalf, may be in non-compliance with securities legislation and any of the following apply:
• the non-compliance creates, in the opinion of a reasonable person, a risk of harm to a client;
• (ii) the non-compliance creates, in the opinion of a reasonable person, a risk of harm to the capital markets;
• (iii) the non-compliance is part of a pattern of non-compliance;
• Submit an annual report to the firm’s board of directors, or individuals acting in a similar capacity for the firm, for the purpose of assessing compliance by the firm, and individuals acting on its behalf, with securities legislation.
• Act as liaison with Regulators and other industry counterparts in gathering practical and technical knowledge about various compliance issues;
• Respond to requests for information from various Regulators;
• Provide compliance support as required on various compliance or management projects or new initiatives;
• Respond to requests from internal departments on various compliance issues;
• Management of regulatory and corporate audit process, including preparation of requested material and management responses to findings;
• Annual review of compliance infrastructure and report to UDP for compliance certification filling, if required;
• Participate and represent the firm at various conferences, seminars, and industry committees in an effort to stay abreast of new and upcoming regulations and best practices, and to be aware of regulatory “hot issues”;
• Continually upgrade professional education as required by regulators
• University Degree preferably in commerce, business administration, or law
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a compliance capacity within the securities industry;
• Solid understanding of NI 31-103, NI 81-101, NI 81-102, NI 81-107 and Form 41-101F3;
• Satisfies the proficiency requirements of the Ontario Securities Commission for registration as CCO for an Investment Fund Manager
Competencies and Attributes:
• Ability to interpret rules and regulations;
• Attention to detail and analysis;
• Risk assessment capabilities;
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
• Aptitude for technological advancements as a way to improve efficiencies and effectiveness;
• Knowledgeable on the current industry landscape and regulators
• Ability to accept and adapt to changes in the organization
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.