Title: Fund Controller
Location: Richmond Hill – Head Office
Division: Global Growth Assets Inc.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Global family of companies is a group of dynamic and integrated financial services firms focused on serving the needs of Canadian individuals, families, and corporations. With offices and representatives across Canada, we offer clients a full array of financial solutions to meet their needs including education savings plans, life and disability insurance, and investments in mutual funds, securities, bonds and other financial services.
We are currently looking for a high energy individual as a Fund Controller for Global Growth Assets Inc., our Investment Fund Management Company.
As a Fund Controller, you will work closely with CFO, finance and other stakeholders to provide daily oversight for various Mutual Fund and Registered Education Savings Plan products.
The position requires prior fund accounting and reporting experience in addition to strong accounting skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment with competing deadlines.
To be successful, you will be self-motivated and take initiative improving on all aspects of the role. You will also be consistent, accurate in your delivery and reliable while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
Main responsibilities of Fund Controller will be as follows:
• Conduct daily oversight and independent calculation of Net Asset Value (“NAV”) of funds and report NAV to executives and third parties;
• Produce and review monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and MRFPs;
• Act as main contact point for external auditors and provide audit support, analytical review, research and resolution of discrepancies;
• Manage filings with OSC and SEDAR;
• Oversight of account maintenance records;
• Act as a main contact point with external service provider and portfolio managers and improve processes with them;
• Management Fee calculation and reconciliation;
• Monthly MER review and fund expense oversight and analysis;
• Review and reconcile daily transactions of investment funds - analyze daily cash flow activities, reconcile asset/investment, cash and other custody balances;
• Review and improve current processes and controls
• Consult with CFO to make any necessary adjustments to transactions that impact the unit price;
• Monitor compliance of various agreements with funds and investors;
• Prepare Ad hoc reports as needed;
• Other duties, as required
• Post-Secondary Education in Accounting, Finance, or Economics;
• Minimum 2 years Fund Accounting experience;
• Completion of Canadian Securities Course;
• Completion of CPA or CFA an asset;
• Familiarity with IFRS and Canadian financial reporting requirements for investment funds;
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
• Strong computer skills including Excel Proficiency
Competencies and Attributes:
• High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings;
• Ability and willingness to raise potential issues and assist with solutions;
• Ability and willingness to listen to others;
• Ability to stay organized with competing priorities and deadlines;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Detail-oriented with ability to check accuracy of work;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Strong understanding of investment funds accounting ;
• Strong commitment to client service;
• Flexibility, responsiveness and willingness to consider change;
• Ability to work as a team member as well as independently;
• Accountable and able to handle time constraints
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.