Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Richmond Hill – Head Office
Division: Global family of companies
Global family of companies is a group of dynamic and integrated financial services firms focused on serving the needs of Canadian individuals, families, and corporations. With offices and representatives across Canada, we offer clients a full array of financial solutions to meet their needs including education savings plans, life and disability insurance, and investments in mutual funds, securities, bonds and other financial services.
The Human Resources Manager will be an active partner with the senior leadership team, managers and employees and deliver a full range of human resources programs and services for the Global family of companies.
The successful candidate will be a true generalist and enjoy working on a variety of areas within the HR function. You will have strong interpersonal skills and provide guidance and direction to help the business achieve its goals through human resources best practices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company and a challenging work environment where you will be able to participate in building a new Global!
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Be the key resource for all HR operations and administrative requirements;
• Recruit corporate positions for all companies;
• Administer payroll using Ceridian Dayforce;
• Administer group insurance plan, registered pension plan and participate in contract negotiations and renewals;
• Ensure proactive compliance with HR laws, regulations and requirements in several provincial jurisdictions and advise managers and employees in their application;
• Advise managers on complex HR issues as they arise;
• Develop, in conjunction with the senior leadership team, a human resources plan that aligns with the goals of the business;
• Develop and manage programs that support recruitment, succession planning, compensation, benefits, retention, and engagement;
• Support managers in the recruitment of new talent including assistance with the development of job descriptions, job posting and interviews;
• Develop and manage on-boarding process to ensure the effective integration of new employees;
• Develop and update corporate HR policies as required;
• Lead the company’s performance management program;
• Identify training needs and gaps in close cooperation with managers; ensure all legal and statutory training requirements are met; on occasion you may be required to plan, organize and deliver in-house training on a range of subject matters;
• Oversee and organize exit interviews and related processes;
• Develop and maintain human resource KPI’s and reports to assess and measure the effectiveness of human resources programs and practices
• Lead the JHSC and meetings, workplace investigations, workplace inspections;
• Take the lead on employee incident reviews and investigations to ensure processes are followed consistently and due diligence has been done;
• Other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial services industry;
• Completion of a university degree or college diploma with a focus on human resources management;
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) an asset;
• Experience working with Ceridian Dayforce, ADP or other payroll systems;
• Experience working with applicant tracking systems such as ICIMS,
• CHRP/CHRL designation preferred;
• JHSC certification an asset.
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong knowledge of employment legislation across Canada and HR Best Practices;
• Strong background in the techniques of interviewing, selecting and recruiting applicants for employment;
• Familiarity with social media and other innovative tools and methods in support of recruiting efforts;
• Strong customer service attitude along with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally;
• Flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment;
• Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Global values the diversity of our workplace and a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. We gladly provide accommodations to any candidate with a disability taking part in the selection process upon request.